With the Penguin update reducing the value of many traditional links it has become more difficult to develop good quality links from article sites, directories and blog commenting. Most SEO seem to have moved on the guest blogging.
What is guest blogging
Guest blogging is where a blog owner agrees to host a post from you on there site. Often this might be a well know blogger who offers to contribute to a site. However more recently this has become one of the most popular SEO techiques. With blog owners often getting approched to host a guest blog. Often these offers of content can be quite poor quality, which have been used elsewhere.
you should look for really good quality contributions. Good quality guest blogging has a couple of benefits for the blog owner and the author, but how can you tell if it is a good quality guest blog.
Benefits for the blog owner
If the author has a good author reputation by Google, then this can be very positive for the blogger and the social search results for the blog owner. For more about social search read our earlier post on the power of social search and google. However as a blog owner you have to ask the following questions before accepting a blog post.
- Is this truly high quality content, has it got something unique to say?
- Do I know this guest blogger, have they got a good reputation in my sector?
- Are the a Google recognised author, and how many people do they have in there google plus circles?
- Is it a unique article, search for the first few paragraphs, do they come up in the search results on other sites?
- is this content relevant to my site and readership?
Benefits for the guest blogger
When accepting a guest blog then the blogger owner will normally allow you to include a few relevant links back to your site. This can be of benefit to your site however only if the blog owners site meets the following criteria.
- Is the blog site relevant to my site?
- Does the site have good quality content with good social sharing?
- Does the site have a good page rank?
- How frequently is the blog updated?
Guest blogging can be a great way of building your network and maximising the SEO of your site, but only if both the blog owner and author are interested in quality content.
Interested in guest blogging for SBSEO then just get in touch.